Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Hertfordshire  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Pubby

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Hertfordshire
Hi from Hertfordshire
« on: June 22, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
Came back to bikes 7 years ago after a 30 year gap, had a 900 Hornet for 3 years then an MT01 for a few months but was looking for something a bit different that could tour a bit - found the K1300 R and was blown away by it. For any extended touring it was difficult two up, couldn't find an inline 4 that would give me the touring and the performance so 12 months ago settled for the ultimate tourer (in  my opinion) the new GS Adventure. Great bike but I can't love it. For me the XR ticks all the boxes and can't wait for it to arrive in 3 weeks time - in red of course!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:18:16 AM »
Welcome aboard!!  You made the right decision with the red and you are going to love this ride.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Hi from Hertfordshire
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:44 AM »
Welcome aboard the red and white streak known as the S1000XR forums. I followed pretty much the same path as you except I had a Tiger Explorer. Couple years ownership and I found myself trying to ride the Explorer like a sport bike and at nearly 600lbs, it left me wanting. With a couple weeks ownership, I am completely smitten. Just got back from my first run down a rural country HWY 25, a fun and fast turn fest for 72 miles out and 72 miles back. This run I made in record time and the motor on this S1000XR is absolutely sublime, it may not have the insane top end from 100-160+ miles an hour, but out of the corners on these kinds of roads it is absolutely perfect, grunting to screaming in two seconds flat. My face is more sore than my ass is from grinning for two hours straight, actually my ass feels pretty good for that kind of pace for just over two hours hard running, you're gonna love this bike.

dysfunctional