Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SANEF Autoroute Tag Heads Up.  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
SANEF Autoroute Tag Heads Up.
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »
Just had an annual email come from Sanef about the tag we have been using for the last 3 years on the French auto routes saves fannying about sitting in the queue and paying manually Jeeze does it save some time.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: SANEF Autoroute Tag Heads Up.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »
Does it not charge you car rate and then you have to claim it back?

I have one that I use in the van but thought it charged the car rate if your use it on the bike.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
It did the first year we used it but they have the tech now that can tell the difference originally you had to go through the height restriction but nearly all of the booths have the 'T' on now so you just head for the shortest queue,if you go through the height  retricted on the left then you will get charged as a car.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »
I thought that they all took cards now anyway, the toll roads that is.

We got a French Back account and card's a few years back because my UK bank charges commission on every transaction, it all mounts up when your stopping every 150 miles for €14+ of fuel so I just use that.  To be fair I only use the Auto routes when it's raining or I need to get a lot of miles done in a day.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »
I got my tag for when I was traveling in my van on my own in a right hand drive vehicle. reaching out the window was too far, so actually have to get out of the van and walk round :-)

If anyone does want a tag, if you use this link you will get a 5euro discount, as will I :-)

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/subscription?ref=RF-20150701-23CC6A72

Cheers

Bazzer

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 01:22:45 PM »
Re the cards your right but this ain't about paying its about being through the tolls in seconds,ride up to the barrier it senses the transponder barrier goes up and your gone.

There are some tricks of the trade that we have learned over years when choosing which booth and to honest if it's queue or pay the car rate if all the 'T' booths are waiting I'll go through the height restriction and pay car rate and argue the toss when we get home but coming up from the Bol last year must have saved us a good hour if not more Jeeze there's not even any need to put your feet down.

Re using them all depends on where we are going and the time scale but they certainly come into their own when you need to crack on having spent time else where.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 02:02:10 PM »
Love the high speed 30 lanes :-)

dysfunctional