Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aka Exhaust.  (Read 2386 times)

Offline fjrden

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XRSE
  • Town: Ballygowan
Aka Exhaust.
« on: December 18, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »
I have a chance at a full Akra exhaust carbon. It's coming off a s1000r would it fit or do I need different connectors?

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
Re: Aka Exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:54:14 PM »
If you are talking about a full system i.e. including headers then I don't think it'll fit (could be wrong).

Pics below show Akro headers for S1000R (first pic) and XR (second pic). There is a significant difference in the shape of the header pipes which (among other things) have some bends on the XR version (presumably to miss something). The "R" version looks more like the "RR" to be honest. The mounting brackets are also likely to be in a different place on the rear exhaust so you'd need to fabricate some. Not impossible to do but a lot of messing about.

Having said that it may well fit, I guess it depends on how cheap it is? If it is a reasonable price then I guess you could resell it if it's no good.

"R" version:

"XR" version:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:55:54 PM by S1000XR »

Offline fjrden

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XRSE
  • Town: Ballygowan
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 02:12:39 PM »
It'titanium Carbon muffler just rear piece

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »
Ah... not "full" system. Not sure then, maybe someone else here has experience of this   :038:

Offline TXSailor

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR / MTS 12
  • Town: Houston
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 10:06:19 PM »
Unfortunately , there are two (2) connections on the XR muffler ( i.e. slip-on) to the exhaust pipe ( which runs to the CAT on a stock system.  The Akra slip-on for the R and RR will NOT work on the XR directly although I suppose you could cut the smaller exhaust pipe off and block it .  The other issue is the mounting tab on the RR and R is in a different flocation rom the XR so you would have to fabricate a mounting strap.

I have the Akra Headers on my XR with the Stock Can.  Sounds awesome and works great.  ECU is capable of handling the changes in fueling/timing necessary.  I gained about 10 HP from the hears with the stock can ( 153 ho at the rear wheel.)!!!

Cheers,  D
own - 2016 S1000XR, 2016 Ducati MTS1200S, 2006 Softail, Sold - Diavel, Concours, DRZ400E, 2 ea FZ1, KZ1000ST

Offline colr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Zottegem
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
Hello fjrden,

you can install the headers of a s1000R 2015. If you look up in the parts list you'll notice that the XR and 2015 R have the same cylinderheads.

I installed the stainless headers of a 2010 RR but had to do some machining work. The exhaust ports on the 2010 are 51mm and on the XR only 48mm. The lambda sensors are also in a different place but no problem to install them.
Installing the Akra exhaust on the headers works fine IF you don't need the passenger pegs (i'm stil working on that) and the luggage bags. You do have to fabricate your own bracket to attach to the carbon bracket of the Akra.
I also tried to use the connection pipe for a 'short Akra' but that didn't come out right and would require a lot more adjustments to fit.
In my other post I show a pic of a bike with the Akra of a S1000R fitted . They used the connection pipe with the exhaust flap but I don't think it's connected. Since the XR flap-configuration is different from the R.

Good luck  :063: