Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The ultimate accolade?  (Read 3415 times)

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
The ultimate accolade?
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »
Firstly let me say I'm a very experienced rider and highly qualified, ex police motorcyclist, ex police motorcyclist instructor, ROSPA Diploma for advanced training, DSA instructor and over 50 years of experience on more bikes than I can remember.
I say this not to boast but to give gravitas to the following comment.
Yesterday, for the first time since I bought my XR, I accompanied a friend to a couple of bike showrooms and one of the bike 'warehouses'. It was only when leaving the latter the thought occurred to me that their wasn't a bike, in any of the venues, or that I could think of that I would choose over my  XR.
Now that's saying something.

Offline cas

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Johnstone
Re: The ultimate accolade?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 10:21:25 PM »
I had the S1000R and thought that was awesome but the XR is as good if not better, Its a natural progression for me.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:31:54 PM »
I usually change my bike every 2 years but not this time

There is nothing that can think of that could tempt me away

I did consider a super duke R but then as much fun as it is its no faster than the XR and harder to live with
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline Adventure Boy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:53 PM »
I hear you all on this subject, anyone who knows me from the UKGSer will confirm I buy a lot of bikes, ive had over 100 brand new bikes in the last 18 years and another 60 2nd hand often owning 2 or 3 at a time I said to my mate yesterday that in all honesty I think the XR is probably the best one to date albeit Ive only done 1000 miles on it ive fitted some £3k worth of bolt ons to it so far and booked 3 trips for this year in the last  week !!
Rob

Offline Bob S

• XR Pro
  • Town: Welwyn, Herts
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Adventure Boy [+]
I hear you all on this subject, anyone who knows me from the UKGSer will confirm I buy a lot of bikes, ive had over 100 brand new bikes in the last 18 years and another 60 2nd hand often owning 2 or 3 at a time I said to my mate yesterday that in all honesty I think the XR is probably the best one to date albeit Ive only done 1000 miles on it ive fitted some £3k worth of bolt ons to it so far and booked 3 trips for this year in the last  week !!
Rob

Bloody hell!!!! That many????? I got my first bike in August 1978 and my total up to now, including the three I currently own is 21.

Offline Adventure Boy

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
I know its silly really, and its cost a fortune with what ive lost on accessories alone let alone the losses on trading them in, but hey ho
Rob 

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:12 AM »
I'm struggling to think what to change the XR for when it's time to change, as nothing comes close, so may well get another one.

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:43:23 AM »
Mine won't be going any time soon there is nothing out there that even gets close to making me consider a change. Normally keep my bikes a long time anyway, can see this one clocking up 50k before it goes. :152:

Offline Adventure Boy

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
Well !!
When I went to collect the XR I did the big mistake of sitting on there Multistrada and albeit I really do like the XR cant get the bloody MS out of my brain and have already asked for a price to swap !!

it was just a tentative enquiry as I do really like the XR 

Talk me out of it guys Please or its another 3 grand down the shitter !!
Rob

Offline Bob S

• XR Pro
  • Town: Welwyn, Herts
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Adventure Boy [+]
Well !!
When I went to collect the XR I did the big mistake of sitting on there Multistrada and albeit I really do like the XR cant get the bloody MS out of my brain and have already asked for a price to swap !!

it was just a tentative enquiry as I do really like the XR 

Talk me out of it guys Please or its another 3 grand down the sh#tter !!
Rob

Don't do it!!!!!! You know the XR is a cracking bike and the Mutley won't do anything more or better than the XR can. I was going to mention asking about the 18k service cost on the Mutley but I doubt you would get anywhere near that with your previous history :001: