Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power commander  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Austin spain

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Crevillent
Power commander
« on: January 28, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »
Has anyone fitted a power commander?
Does it make any improvements?

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
Re: Power commander
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »
I have not got my XR yet as waiting till 1st March, I have previously had S1000rr's and have tried a power commander with custom map when i fitted a full system.
I did not rate the result and it was only making close to the standard power and the throttle response was crap in comparison to the standard bike.

I was advised to have a ECU remap, whilst at first didn't want to mess with the ECU, I was sure glad I did, the bike made over 200hp at the wheel had a smoother TC and anti wheelie and the feeling and throttle response was silky smooth.
A standard power commander will only control 4 of the 8 injectors, unless you opt for the additional fuel module. The eco flash changed the feeling on all the injectors as was less than a power commander and the dyne set up.

My plan is to have the XR remapped once its been run in.

Offline Austin spain

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Crevillent
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:48 AM »
Thanks Dave G. Ideal like to look into remapping.  I live in Spain. Which will make it difficult.  But I'm might be coming to the UK this spring. Where did you get yours done?

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
I had mine done at Hilltop motorcycles in Earl Shilton, Leicestershire. Geoff the guy who does it is well known of the GS forums as he has done a lot of them too.
He has worked with a lot of the BSB teams so knowns his stuff.

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Austin spain [+]
Thanks Dave G. Ideal like to look into remapping.  I live in Spain. Which will make it difficult.  But I'm might be coming to the UK this spring. Where did you get yours done?

You can just send your ECU off to Hilltop and tell them what you are running. They have done so many they have maps ready and to be honest I have been told it would be just as good as you actually taking the bike to them and going on the dyno :152: :152:
Live for today

dysfunctional