Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member close to get one  (Read 1065 times)

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
New member close to get one
« on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »
Hello all,

I had a demo for a day with a XR last summer. Loved it and got quickly addicted to its Shifter PRO and so on. Then didn't got it but was very impressed with it and for my riding preferences I did felt it was the best more direct feel and quick bike in its range. I did rode the KTM Super Duke GT and the Multistrada.

Been riding a S1000R since 2015 like how it rides since day one and also I have now a Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP which not only I like how it rides being different type but also how it looks. Before had a Ducati Diavel, another hypermotard 821, Honda Hornet, Honda NSR 125, a BMW C1 etc.

The S1000R makes me improve my riding, like its great turning and light speed acceleration. Made some long trips with it and after adaptations made it good for these type of rides.

Well now went to my dealer looking to see if they had good deals on the new but outgoing 2016 models, probably will need to carry from time to time some of my family members and because I don't like to be put off the bike for a day when I can ride (which is almost every day) I had on my mind to get something with Panniers enjoyable with gadgets.

Test rode the RT and was amazed by that one but today while on the dealership, thought if I got one by exchanging my R if it was the RT I would most likely ending up missing its sporty feel and front biased riding. So concluded the logical choice was the XR.

They have a lowered version so I can put very well two feet down (which is important for me in bringing someone else with me) they made additional discount it has no kms mid 2016 with all cases and re-mounting some of my parts of my R (levers, mirrors, radiator guards and engine GB racing bits). White. They gave me a decent offer for mine including remaining accessories can't complain.

Now some reflecting. Riding-wise no doubts at all, I know I want the MRA screen as I learnt that buffeting on the OEM, exhaust later on. But will be mega happy with the shift assist pro and I will ride as quick as with the R.
Have also the Navi V so will be able to use it with the wheel.

If I decide I may well get it next week already so.

Not in hurry but my 12000 km R is getting old and new techie and possibilities to carry stuff and move people while having the crazy sport feel.... oh decisions.

Looking forward.

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: New member close to get one
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:30:07 AM »
I traded my R for an XR and have never looked back.  The XR does everything very,  very well... you will love it!

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »
 :400:

If you have a 1000R & a Hypermotard I doubt the RT is the bike for you, good and all as they are....
Buy the XR  :152:

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
Yep my mind is made up and will part from my S1000R. I know I will be very happy and in the process discover new way of biking with the XR. If it was another bike I would speak about "missing" or accepting but here we speak almost about a plus, I mean it is an R with a plus.
If I am quick might get it this week still.
Looking forward.

dysfunctional