Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Too good to be true  (Read 3284 times)

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
Too good to be true
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:29:18 PM »
saw my local bmw dealer was advertising a s1000xr ex-demo for £11999.00. It's a nice day and I wanted to test my new autocom 'Air' Bluetooth headset so took a ride up. It turned out to be a 'computer error' and they were mystified as to how it was in their used bike list. At least my Autocom was excellent!

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
Re: Too good to be true
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »
 :431:

Tell em' they are legally obliged to sell the bike for that otherwise your seeing your kick ass solicitor!! :192: :745:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »
It is now showing on their web page for £12,999 with adjusted mileage !! This is Pidcocks BMW in Long Eaton. I've decided I'd like a white one and this particular one is red. The salesman's attitude left a bit to be desired to be honest, not very friendly at all so I think I'll try another dealer when It's time for me to buy.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
It's price has now been raised to £13,499.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:51:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by yam-rider [+]
It's price has now been raised to £13,499.
I like Pidcocks they have been very good on service and the like but when i enquired about buying an XR the deal they offered was so way out of bed compared to others and when i told them they said they would re look at the deal and call me back
I am still waiting but have ordered mine from Marshalls who actually seem to want to sell bikes in numbers not in pounds

The deal I got from Marshalls was over £1500 better than Pidcocks best
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
I like Pidcocks they have been very good on service and the like but when i enquired about buying an XR the deal they offered was so way out of bed compared to others and when i told them they said they would re look at the deal and call me back
I am still waiting but have ordered mine from Marshalls who actually seem to want to sell bikes in numbers not in pounds

The deal I got from Marshalls was over £1500 better than Pidcocks best

That is a good saving. I assume this Marshalls at Grimsby ?  Piddocks is only 20 mins away from me but Grimsby is a couple of hours. I suppose I could get them to deliver it for me? Mmmmmmmmm............ £1500 mmmmmmmmm...........

Online johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 04:49:15 AM »
I was sent a link for an ex demo somewhere in England, it may have been Essex but dont quote me.. Bike was advertised as ex demo with 3k on the clock. It was on their website in used bike section. When I phoned up they said it wasnt for sale just yet, so I expected him to say it will be ready in the next few days, nope, in about 3 months he said !!... bike currently sitting on 1700 mls but advertising now for some bizaare reason.. I was well pissed off.. And it was only 700 quid cheaper than a new one?? Why would I wait to buy a demo, (which has likely had the sh#t raked out of it) when I could just have a new one in most likely less time than this one  :232: