Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MRA Vario Touring: How dark is the grey one?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
MRA Vario Touring: How dark is the grey one?
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
Hi all,
So this is the very first official mod on my to be collected white XR  :046:

I see MRA has 3 colors clear, smoke grey and black. How is your experience for those running the smoke grey one? I mean riding is it a problem on visibility? specially at night?
I think the black one would look great but I think if one positions that one on the highest there it obstructs the view a lot, your experiences? if you have one?

I am 1m70cm and will have a lowered suspension model.
I prefer function over form so I am inclined for the smoke grey, just wanting to know owner´s experience.

Thanks a lot

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
Re: MRA Vario Touring: How dark is the grey one?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
I tried a few screens on the XR before I settled on the MRA touring with flip. Still not 100% but I recon it's the best you're going to get on the XR short of bolting a barn door on the front.

I went for the smoke and it's fine. Clear is always going to be best but the smoke looks so much better. The Black/ dark would be noticeable on the vision side I think.

I went for a smoke on my C600 commuter scoot and wish I'd gone for a clear now as I do notice it especially when filtering and looking down at car wing mirrors etc. It is a lot bigger and higher on the scoot though. On the XR its' so bloody fast you're always looking miles ahead so don't really look down that much.

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »
Thanks this is great. Placed an order for that one. I read all possible posts in most forums and concluded the MRA is the best. In one test day of the XR I learnt about the bouncing oem screen that creates turbulence. I am sure this one solves it for me. Oh so much looking forward to this.

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
I too had a fair amount of turbulence from the OEM screen and the MRA definitely sorts it out. It's still there a bit but it is a motorcycle after all.

A very worth while investment in my book and makes a big difference to the feel of the bike.

Offline cas

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORT SE
  • Town: Johnstone
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
I fitted a Puig touring screen and it was a terrible fit. Holes didn't line up so you had to force it and when it was on it was not even on both sides. Too near body work on one side and it looked sh*t so I sent it back and got an MRA touring screen with the adjustable spoiler and I am very happy with looks and protection it gives.