Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW OEM TYRES  (Read 2706 times)

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Re: BMW OEM TYRES
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »
I use a lot of tyres because of the trackdays, I use FWR now https://www.fwr.co.uk/ Always worth giving them a call as Bob and the guys can normally match most deals.

I used to use some of the European online sites a lot, but I got fed up with getting old date code tyres, more of an issue with track tyres.

If I was just getting one pair a year for the road bike I think I would go down the low hassle route and go to the nearest place I trusted not to damage my rims.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 08:14:50 PM »
Whilst killing time waiting for my bike to be fixed at the dealers I had a look round the new bikes they had in stock. Interesting to see that none of the XRs were shod with T30's but had Pirelli Rossos on instead.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 08:48:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]
Whilst killing time waiting for my bike to be fixed at the dealers I had a look round the new bikes they had in stock. Interesting to see that none of the XRs were shod with T30's but had Pirelli Rossos on instead.

the T31 has been out some time. Are T30 still made?

Also, the euro dipped against the yen earlier this year so maybe European sourced tyres became cheaper? BMW often uses Metzeler tyres (Z8 on my RS) which is a sister brand to Pirelli, so no surprise they have a batch in.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:49:56 PM by wessie »

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 09:45:23 PM »
No idea. Only thing I know about the T30's were that they were average in the dry and shite in the wet. Glad to see the stock rubber has improved somewhat

Online Markymark11

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XR SE
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 10:48:45 PM »
See mine had rosso's on and they were done at 3000 miles and really hard to hold a line in a corner. Replaced with Mich Road 5's, 4k miles ago and only just past half worn and corners like a dream - I expect 6k or 7k which will be great. The T30's on the Versys 1000 were actually really good - just shows how different we all are on the same equipment lol  :002:

Offline rmh999

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Swindon, Wilts
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 10:53:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]

My 2016 came with Pirelli Rosso`s - interesting as its was an ex-demo bike
So do they (dealer or BMW) put sporty / sticky tyres on the demo bikes to inspire confidence and then you buy and get the cheap rubbish option ?

Had about 1000 miles on the bike so would not have "needed" to be changed....and did  nto look new

Just had the front replace and stuck with the Pirelli`s - although there is a newer version I got a deal on the same older version and fitted same day...