Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: American with travel questions to Ireland or England person  (Read 731 times)

Offline Darin D

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Bend, Oregon
Re: American with travel questions to Ireland or England person
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 08:13:20 PM »
2021 trip is looking pretty bleak at this point. As idiotic and redneck as my fellow countrymen are about this, I wouldn’t blame other countries for locking up any American that steps off a plane or boat in their country. Will keep my fingers crossed that the world’s scientists come up with a vaccine and/or effective treatment. I have a lot of my own country I haven’t ridden or been ticketed in to keep me happy until it’s safe for all of us to travel abroad again.

Offline BIKEAMA

• XR Member
  • Keep your best wheel forward.
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR Low
  • Town: Stockton CA
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darin D [+]
2021 trip is looking pretty bleak at this point. As idiotic and redneck as my fellow countrymen are about this, I wouldn’t blame other countries for locking up any American that steps off a plane or boat in their country. Will keep my fingers crossed that the world’s scientists come up with a vaccine and/or effective treatment. I have a lot of my own country I haven’t ridden or been ticketed in to keep me happy until it’s safe for all of us to travel abroad again.

The bold is sad but true. We are living a ME ME  ME country, lets hope it gets better.  Rant over now back to your trip. Rent a motorcycle if you can it is an experience you will always remember. I was lucky my daughter lived in Switzerland for 4 years. I have made 8 trips over at all times of the year and had a great time each time. You will find some great people and most know English.  Phone service ATT was $50 a month but I switched to Xfinity Mobile and it was only what I used. Cost $25 two phones for a month.  I did two motorcycle tours, one in 2017 https://bill-veronica.blogspot.com/2017/09/swiss-alps-motorcycle-tour-september.html and one in 2019 https://bill-veronica.blogspot.com/2019/08/grandparents-motorcycle-tour-of-2019.html   Glad I went last year and not this year.

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:02 AM »
Any kind of travel in Europe for the foreseeable future one needs to read the small print,we go to a bike meet of a Wednesday morning had someone today saying how the Manx GP has been cancelled but was going to still travel too the IoM because he had paid for house rental and they had not had a single corona case over there in the last 40 days,completely oblivious of the draconian system they have going on to eradicate Corona so successfully.